If you love trying mouthwatering dishes from other cultures, then try Lumpia. These delicious, crispy Filipino spring rolls are yummy and go along with several other dishes. The Lumpia wrapper is made of wheat flour or rice paper and deep-fried until crispy. Here is how to make frozen lumpia in an air fryer.
Frozen Lumpia in Air Fryer
Table of Contents
Frozen Lumpia in an Air Fryer is a great way to enjoy a classic Filipino snack in a healthier way. The air fryer uses a fraction of the oil of traditional deep frying, meaning you can enjoy the same flavor and texture with less fat. To cook frozen lumpia in an air fryer, follow these steps:
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 o Fahrenheit.
- Place the frozen lumpia in the air fryer basket, ensuring they are not touching or overlapping.
- Cook the lumpia for 8-10 minutes or until they are crispy and golden brown.
- Use tongs to carefully remove the lumpia and place it on a paper towel-lined plate to remove excess oil.
- Serve the lumpia immediately with your choice of dipping sauce.
However, keep in mind that cooking times vary depending on the size and type of air fryer you are using. It is always a good idea to check the lumpia for doneness and adjust the cooking time accordingly.
What Are The Ingredients For Making A Delicious Frozen Lumpia?
Frozen lumpia is a type of spring roll that is filled with various ingredients and then wrapped in a thin wrapper and deep-fried until crispy. Here is a recipe for making delicious frozen lumpia at home:
- One package of lumpia wrappers
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 1 cup finely chopped green onions
- 1 cup finely chopped cabbage
- 1 cup finely chopped bell pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- Vegetable oil for frying
- In a large bowl, combine the ground pork, carrots, green onions, cabbage, bell pepper, garlic, soy sauce, salt, and pepper. Mix well.
- Lay a lumpia wrapper on a flat surface. Place a heaping spoonful of the filling in the center of the wrapper. Brush the edges of the wrapper with the beaten egg.
- Fold the wrapper over the filling, tucking in the sides to enclose the filling. Roll the wrapper tightly to form a cylinder shape. Repeat with the remaining wrappers and filling.
- Place the lumpia on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and freeze for at least 2 hours or until solid.
- When ready to cook, heat a large pot or deep fryer with enough oil to fully submerge the lumpia. Carefully add the frozen lumpia to the hot oil and fry for about 3-4 minutes or until crispy and golden brown.
- Remove the lumpia from the oil and drain on a paper towel-lined plate. Serve hot with dipping sauce.
How Long Should You Cook Frozen Lumpia?
The cooking time for frozen lumpia will depend on the size and type of lumpia you are cooking and the type of appliance you are using. In general, frozen lumpia can be cooked for 8-10 minutes in an air fryer or about 15-20 minutes in a conventional oven.
When cooking frozen lumpia in an air fryer, it is important to preheat the appliance to 400 degrees Fahrenheit before adding the frozen lumpia to the basket. This will help to ensure that the lumpia cooks evenly and becomes crispy on the outside.
If you are cooking frozen lumpia in a conventional oven, preheat the oven to 350-375 degrees Fahrenheit and place the frozen lumpia on a baking sheet. Cook the lumpia for 15-20 minutes or until they are crispy and golden brown.
Regardless of your choice of cooking, it is always a good idea to check the lumpia for doneness and adjust the cooking time as needed. You can check the doneness of the lumpia by carefully breaking one open and checking that the filling is hot and the wrapper is crispy.
What Is The Best Way To Make Frozen Lumpia: Air Fryer Of Over?
Both methods can be used to make frozen lumpia, and the best method for you will depend on your personal preference and the equipment that you have available. Regardless of which method you choose, it’s important to follow the cooking instructions on the package of frozen lumpia, as cooking times and temperatures can vary.
You may also want to adjust the cooking time and temperature based on your preference for how crispy you like your lumpia. Here are some considerations for each method:
Using an air fryer can be a quick and convenient way to cook frozen lumpia. Air fryers can cook food quickly and evenly and may require less oil than traditional frying methods. This method may not be an option if you need an air fryer. Additionally, air fryers can vary in size, so you may need to cook your lumpia in batches if you have a smaller air fryer.
Ovens are widely available and can be a good option for cooking frozen lumpia if you don’t have an air fryer. Ovens can cook food evenly and may require less oil than traditional frying methods. Ovens can take longer to preheat and cook food than air fryers. You may also need to rotate or flip your lumpia during cooking to ensure even cooking.
How to Store and Reheat Frozen Lumpia
To store frozen lumpia, place them in an airtight container or wrap them tightly in plastic or aluminum foil. You can also place them in a plastic bag, removing as much air as possible before sealing the bag. Frozen lumpia can be stored in the freezer for up to 3 months.
To reheat frozen lumpia, there are several methods you can use:
- Air fryer: Preheat your air fryer to 375-400 degrees F (190-200 degrees C). Place the frozen lumpia in the basket of the air fryer in a single layer, making sure not to overcrowd the basket. Cook for 6-8 minutes or until the lumpia is heated and crispy.
- Oven: Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Place the frozen lumpia on a baking sheet in a single layer. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until the lumpia is warm and crispy. You may need to flip the lumpia halfway through cooking to ensure even heating.
- Pan frying: Heat a small amount of oil over medium heat. Place the frozen lumpia in the pan in a single layer. Cook for 3-4 minutes on each side or until the lumpia is heated and crispy.
- Microwave: Place the frozen lumpia on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave high for 1-2 minutes or until the lumpia is heated. This method may not be as crispy of a texture as the other methods.
Regardless of your chosen method, handle the hot lumpia carefully to avoid burns. Let the lumpia cool for a few minutes before serving.
Lumpia is often served as a snack or appetizer and is accompanied by dipping sauces. Some common dipping sauces for lumpia include sweet and sour sauce, peanut sauce, and soy sauce. Many dishes can be served alongside lumpia as part of a larger meal.
Hi, I’m Iolanda I am a mother of two and know how to whip up satisfying dishes for friends and family in a seemingly effortless way. The blog goal is reader-oriented, So We are always looking for the newest information about the best products on the market to offer product reviews and tutorials to assist users.Have Fun on The Website