Nexgrill Vs Blackstone Grill Reviews, Tips, and Guides
When it comes to choosing the best grill for your needs, there are a lot of factors to consider. Two of the most popular options are nexgrill vs blackstone grills. Both have their pros and cons, so how do you decide which one is right for you? In this post, we’ll look at the similarities and differences between these two grills and help you decide which one is the best fit for your needs.
What is a nexgrill?
-Not many people know this, but a Nexgrill is not just an ordinary grill. It is more than that. A Nexgrill can be called a new technological advancement in the field of cooking and grilling. The only con to owning a Nexgrill grill is its very high price tag, which can go even higher depending on what options one adds to it and how much they customize it to their own specification. To start off we would like to explain why buying a NexGrill was such a big decision for us and some of the things we wished we knew before shopping around for our perfect NexGrill.
Features of a nexgrill:
– Nexgrill grills come in a variety of sizes, from very compact to large and super-sized. The size of the grill you choose is going to depend on how much grill space you need along with your own preferences as a consumer. Most nexgrill grills are built for 4-6 people at a time but some can fit even more!
– The price of a NexGrill will always depend on what brand name it has, and which company manufactures it. There are also different models available, each having its own unique model number which makes them go up in price immediately because they’re kind of like designer brands.
If you want an ultraluxe Nexgrill, expect to pay over $5,000 for it. If you want a regular one expects to pay about $2,000 for it. If you want an inexpensive Nexgrill that is not designer, then the price can start at around $700-800 or even lower depending on what options and addons you put into your grill.
– Nexgrills come in many different designs and styles because of course everyone would like something different and unique to themselves! Some people prefer sleek and modern, so they get clean lines while some others prefer their Nexgrills to look more vintage with traditional styling. The thing is there’s no wrong answer because this is all up to personal preference!
– Nexgrill grills come in only two styles, the traditional one known as ‘copper top’ style and an updated version of its which is called ‘blacktop’ style. The copper top style has a very classic design so if you do not want something modern then this is for you! The blacktop offers added features like touch screen panel instead of knobs, making it much more modern than its predecessor.
– Since Nexgrills can be rather expensive, they usually offer warranties to protect consumers from defects that may arise after purchase. When shopping for a Nexgrill make sure to look at the warranty carefully because some companies are better about this compared to others.
– The customer service of a Nexgrill is also something that can make or break your experience with the grill. Some companies offer great customer service, but some others are not so good at it. Therefore, doing thorough research on all the options available before buying anything is always recommended. You don’t want your dealer to be unhelpful when you need help, right?
– The material used in each nexgrill grill varies depending on what company makes it and how much money you’re willing to spend on it. Most Nexgrills made today use either cast iron or stainless steel as their primary material. Both materials are durable and last a long time if taken care properly.
Ease of use:
– Nexgrills do come in many different sizes, and this can affect how easy it is to use them. When buying a nexgrill make sure to check the dimensions to see if they fit your needs or not, you wouldn’t want to buy something too big only for it not to fit in your yard!
-NexGrills usually come with everything you need such as propane tanks, drip pans, covers, grates, etc. One thing that may be useful though is a cover which can help prolong the life of your grill by keeping it away from rain and other elements.
-A shelf or two on the side of your Nexgrill is always useful for keeping meats, seasonings, and other stuff you might use often within arm’s reach.
– The construction of a nexgrill is very important because this determines how long it will last! Nexgrills made with iron material are known to be more durable, but they can also rust if not taken care of properly. Stainless steel is also good, but it does tend to cost more compared to regular iron grills which are great too anyway.
– The temperature control of a Nexgrill is very important because if you overcook your meat, it will get dry, and nobody wants that! Make sure to check the type of temperature control before buying anything, manual or electric.
– The temperature range is also something else that should be investigated because this determines how hot your Nexgrills can get. Most nexgrills that cost less than $500 usually only go up to 500F and those above it can go as high as 1000F!
– The cooking surface of a Nexgrill is another thing you should check because this determines how much food it can cook at once. Some nexgrills only offer around 300 square inches while others can offer up to 400 or more!
– The power consumption of a Nexgrill is something else to have a look at because this determines how much money it will cost you in the long run. Most nexgrills use gas but some use electricity so be sure to check which one is more affordable for your specific needs.
What is Blackstone?
-Blackstone offers just one model of grill. It has no stand, but it does have two 6-inch folding legs that allow the grill to stand upright on a patio or deck. It offers no side burner.
Features of a Blackstone:
– Grill Dimensions: 19.5″ x 19.5″
– Grill Surface: 427 square inches
-The grill has no real design, so there are no special considerations to be made when using it or storing it. The legs have a bit of an odd shape, but they work as advertised and fold away for storage. Since the grill is small enough to fit on a countertop, this shouldn’t pose much of a problem in your house either way. The only other thing you might find inconvenient is that it does not have a side burner which can sometimes come in handy if you’re cooking for a lot of people. A side burner would also allow you to do some grilling while you’re doing some cooking on the stove or oven.
-While it doesn’t have a side burner, the grill does have an ash collection system which is becoming standard in pellet grills these days. The legs are designed to fold in for storage and they work well once you get used to them. If there’s one thing I noticed about this grill when I was using it, it’s that it seemed very durable. One could assume this would lead to a long life for the grill itself if properly cared for. Other than that, though, there isn’t much else going on with this grill as far as style goes since it only has one model available from Blackstone. It would be nice if they came up with some other designs or colors, but that isn’t the case.
-The grill comes with a 1-year warranty on manufacturing defects and workmanship. It does not cover normal wear and tear, rust, cosmetic damage, or damage caused by unauthorized tampering, improper use, or maintenance. This is standard for pellet grills.
-The company says that they have a “no-hassle” return policy if the consumer isn’t satisfied with their purchase.
-The grill is made of cast iron and stainless steel. This makes it very durable, but more on that in the ease-of-use section. It weighs about 50 lbs. so it’s not too hard to move around when you want to take it outside or put it away for some reason (depending on where you store it).
Ease of use:
-The main thing that sets this grill apart from most other charcoal grills out there is that it’s easier to get started than a traditional charcoal grill since all you must do is plug in the power cord and turn the heat setting dial. Once your grill reaches operating temperature (usually between 400-500 degrees) place your meat on the cooking grate and shut the lid.
The grill comes with a thermostat that will shut the grill off when it reaches your pre-selected temperature, but you can also set the temp by adjusting the dial on top of the actual pellet hopper itself. This is an advantage that charcoal grills simply cannot match because they require a lot more work to get started cooking and maintain a specific temperature throughout your cook.
-The grill comes with one cooking grate, a drip pan underneath to catch grease runoff, and high heat ignition. It also comes with 2 interchangeable legs which you can attach depending on whether you want the grill to be stable or if you’d rather have it reclined for an easier time placing larger cuts of meat on the cooking rack.
-Stainless steel and cast iron.
-Thermostatically controlled up to 500 degrees F depending on where you set it. Adjustable via a knob located on the pellet hopper itself. The temperature will change once pellets start to run out as well.
-Cooks at 500 degrees F.
-One standard 16″ x 11″ cooking grid.
– It uses about a pound of pellets per hour. A 20 lb bag will last you about 8 hours or so.
The similarities of nexgrill and blackstone:
-It has a thermostat.
-The legs are interchangeable depending on whether you want it to be flat or upright.
-It’s made from stainless steel and cast-iron cooking grids/grates.
– It has an ash collection system for easy cleanup.
The differences of nexgrill and blackstone:
-The nexgrill has a front access hopper and a removable heat shield.
-The legs on the nexgrill are sturdier than the ones on the blackstone.
-There is no slide out grease drip tray underneath the nexgrill like there is with blackstone’s model.
-Nexgrill’s model is the best choice if you want something that comes with everything for a new grill. However, it will not cook as quickly or give you as high of temperatures to sear/cook your meat and veggies compared to blackstone’s model which requires more work and time invested in controlling temp and air flow rates throughout your cook.
What is the primary difference between a nexgrill and blackstone?
-The most notable difference between the two is that Blackstone’s model requires more work to get it up and running. It does not have a front access grease tray or an ash collection system, so you must do without those features if you choose to go with blackstone. Nexgrill comes pre assembled (minus legs which are interchangeable on their model) while Blackstone is disassembled allowing you control of each aspect during assembly.
Which one is right for me?
-If you are cooking for multiple people, want something that comes with everything, and have the time to invest in learning how to use it properly then nexgrill would be your best bet. This grill will give you great results once you get accustomed to using it, but it requires more work than blackstone’s model does which means more time spent tending to the grill instead of just kicking back and enjoying your food. Blackstone is easier to operate but will require a couple hours of tinkering and research before getting consistent grilled goodies every time. However, once you’ve mastered operations on either model, they both perform admirably.
Pros and Cons of a nexgrill and blackstone?
-It is easier to start up.
-The legs are flimsier and require a wrench to attach them properly.
-More sturdy legs that already come attached.
-Hard to get the temperature just right since you must control it via charcoal, air flow, and dampers. This leads to hotter cooking temps than nexgrill’s model. It also gets much hotter than nexgrill’s model so it might take longer for meat to cook through or burn if you’re not careful enough with temp control during your cooking. The ash collection system isn’t as helpful because there is a heat shield so grease drippings will just fall onto the coals and fuel source itself.
-It takes longer to get started cooking (the time it takes the grill to reach the desired temperature is about 15 minutes or so). -A thermostat isn’t included; you must control temp by air flow and damper controls.
-The legs are sturdier but require a wrench to attach them properly.
-The heat shield underneath the grill (and ash collection system) will also need some cleaning depending on how many drippings there were during your cooking. Some grease might end up in the bottom of the hopper and cause problems with pellet feed rates if not cleaned out/removed completely when changing flavors of pellets used for different cooks. You can use a magnetic tool to remove the heat shield when it’s time for a cleaning.
-The heat shield isn’t as effective in keeping the grill clean compared to a nexgrill design, which only has a pellet hopper and removable heat shield.
Nexgrill is a quality grill that will give you good results for the money. It has some features that are not common on other grills in this price range, such as an infrared searing system. If you are looking for a mid-priced grill that offers both performance and value, the Nexgrill should be at the top of your list.
The Blackstone is also a high-quality grill, but it comes with a higher price tag. It has more features than the Nexgrill, including a side burner and an extra rack. If you are looking for something that offers more versatility and flexibility, the Blackstone may be a better choice for you.
Hi, I’m Iolanda I am a mother of two and know how to whip up satisfying dishes for friends and family in a seemingly effortless way. The blog goal is reader-oriented, So We are always looking for the newest information about the best products on the market to offer product reviews and tutorials to assist users.Have Fun on The Website