How to maintain kitchen tools and equipment. “I love cooking for my family, whenever I get time, though I hardly get time to cook.
I am happy to say that my children love my cooking.
But unfortunately, I am bad in terms of cleaning up the kitchen, properly.
I often find my kitchen equipment (like knives, pots, nonstick pans, etc.) damaged.
Dishwashers and other devices cannot satisfy me a lot.
My husband helps me though, but I don’t feel good. So I would love to get some tips on “How to maintain kitchen tools & equipment?”
This article may guide you to keep the kitchen tools & equipment clean in good working order and maintaining proper food hygiene with less work.
How To Maintain Kitchen Tools And Equipment A Simple Guide And Reference
How To Maintain Kitchen Tools and Equipment
1. Know the difference between tools and equipment
2. Clean your kitchen tools after each use to avoid bacteria build-up
3. Keep sharp knives in a drawer or on a magnetic strip so they don’t get lost and are easily accessible
4. Store pots, pans, and other cooking utensils in an organized manner
5. Get rid of old appliances that you no longer use (e.g., dishwasher) because they take up space and can be hazardous if not properly maintained
6. Always unplug electric appliances when not in use to save energy consumption
7 . Clean out your refrigerator every few months by removing expired food items.
Taking out drawers for a thorough cleaning, wiping down shelves with disinfectant wipes or vinegar-water solution, etc…
8 . Store products at the bottom of your fridge near the crisper to keep them fresh longer; store cheese away from fruits since their natural sugars can cause it to spoil faster.
Store eggs on the lower shelf as well but never above milk products which spoil more quickly due to higher temperatures.
Place hot dogs near the meat section as they need refrigeration too!
9 . Keep all meats separate from vegetables since both will rot quicker than one would think!
Aluminum tools (your pots, pans, utensils are probably made of them) are attractive, lightweight, and less expensive.
That’s why aluminum tools are most popular and best for all-around use. The cleaning tips for Aluminum tools are,
- Wash as normal with soap and hot water, just after use. A gentle scrub with a steel wool pad may require removing tough stains.
- The discolored aluminum utensils can be kept under boiling water with ½ cup of vinegar or lime juice, for 10 minutes before soap wash.
- The acid in the apple peels can also help to clean aluminum.
For that, boil apple peels in the pot, full of water.
Turn down the heat and let simmer for about 30 minutes.
Lastly, let the pot cool and clean it with soapy water.
Stainless Steel Equipment
Stainless steel is the most popular used for kitchen tools and equipment, but they are more expensive.
Because they are easier to clean and shine.
Utensil sets, skimmers, knives, spoons, etc are some examples of Stainless steel kitchen tools.
A quick wash followed by a clean-water rinse after using soap;
is usually adequate for domestic and architectural equipment.
The following steps can be helpful for the best results.
1. Wash immediately after using a mild detergent in warm water.
2. Wipe down with a clean sponge or cloth, after wash.
3. Dry with disposable wipes or an air blower, if possible.
To extend the service life of stainless steel, the following care should be taken.
. Never scrub steel with wool or other abrasive scrubbing pads.
. Avoid chloride cleaners to wash and if chloride solutions or concrete detergents contact stainless steel, rinse immediately.
. Wash and dry immediately after use
. Avoid contact with carbon steel or iron.
. Avoid high temperatures.
Best cookware sets
Consumer scores by function
Value for money: 9.3 Score
Easy clean: 9.5 Score
Lightweight: 9.5 Score
The customer reviews for the product: 31,317 ratings
Glass utensils are good to use for baking or other cooking but not practical on top surface cooking.
In modern days, glasses have a wide range of use on our dinner table.
Cleaning glass utensils are very easy, though special care must be taken while washing to keep them mend.
Normal wash with soap is enough to clean them. A gentle scrub with a wool pad may help to remove tough stains.
Both manual and machine cleaning can be applied to keep them clean.
Ceramic and heat-proof glass equipment
Ceramic and heat-proof glass equipment are specially used for baking dishes, casseroles, or measuring cups, as it conducts heat slowly and evenly.
The maintenance of Ceramic and heat-proof glass equipment is the same as the glassware.
Some utilities, meat cleavers, etc are usually made of cast iron. But the problems to use cast iron made equipment are;
. They got heated fast and unevenly.
. Acidic foods can’t be cooked in them.
. It is sturdy but must be kept seasoned to avoid rust.
Therefore, people are irrationally afraid of using and caring for cast iron. So to maintain and build on it, all it takes is to remember a few key points:
1. Use it often: Use it often and try to avoid cooking liquid-based dishes in the pan.
2. Clean just after use: Removing food debris is much easier from a hot pan than from one that has been allowed to cool. A tiny bit of soap and a soft sponge are required to clean the cast iron. A hard sponge may be responsible for scratches.
3. Dry thoroughly and reheat it before storing it. After rinsing out, heat it using a heater or sunlight, to dry it and let it cool at room temperature. Finally, apply bit oil on it to form a protective barrier to prevent it from rust, until its next use.
Plastic & Hard rubber
Plastic and hard rubbers are easy to grab and more sanitary than wood.
That’s why they are usually used for cutting and chopping boards, tabletops, bowls, trays, etc.
But unfortunately, these may not last for a long period of time.
Though plastics are easy to wash; but there are still some tricks to keep them hygienic.
. Baking soda is very effective for removing strong stains from plastic and rubber utensils.
So use baking soda with water to clean plastic; while a sponge or soft scouring pad can be used while washing.
. Sometimes it becomes tough to peter out the odor from a plastic container just by washing.
So some pieces of crumpled newspaper can help to absorb the odor if they are placed into the container overnight.
Moreover, some cautions are still required to maintain plastic or rubber-made utilities.
. Plastic and rubber utensils should never be exposed to high heat because heat can melt them easily.
. Direct sunlight can often cause rubber products to crack.
. Strong solvents, harsh abrasives can also affect plastic or rubber.
So manufacturer’s instructions should be checked out properly if the item is dishwasher-safe.
FAQs: How to maintain kitchen tools and equipment
How do you plan to store your kitchen tools and equipment?
– In my kitchen drawers
– In a drawer in my pantry
– In the cabinet under my sink
– A cabinet
How will you take care of kitchen tools and equipment?
– I will clean them on a regular basis.
– I will store them separately from one another.
– I will follow all the manufacturer’s instructions for use and storage.
What are the ways that kitchen tools and equipment can make your cooking experience easier?
– The right tools and equipment will allow you to cook more efficiently.
– You’ll have fewer spills, less mess, and more time to enjoy your meal.
– They help you get dinner on the table quickly
What is the first thing you should do when using a kitchen tool or equipment?
– Read the instructions
– Wash your hands
– Wear gloves
What are the most important kitchen tools and equipment to have in your kitchen?
– Cutting Board
How to maintain kitchen tools and equipment. Kitchen tools and equipment are important to any cook.
Not only at home but also at job place (only if you work in a food factory).
A cook needs to know about the proper use of utensils, devices, and equipment in the kitchen.
At the same time, the cook should know some tricks and ways to maintain kitchen hygiene and to make them work on a daily basis.
And washing a product is easier when the basic material of a product is known.
And this article explores the basic materials of kitchenware and their proper maintenance.
Hi, I’m Iolanda I am a mother of two and know how to whip up satisfying dishes for friends and family in a seemingly effortless way. The blog goal is reader-oriented, So We are always looking for the newest information about the best products on the market to offer product reviews and tutorials to assist users.Have Fun on The Website