Weber Master Touch Vs Premium Grill
Although they may share the same name, the Weber Master Touch and the Weber Premium are two very different grills. The Master Touch is a basic model that’s perfect for beginner grillers, while the Premium is a more advanced option with features like a built-in thermometer and an ash catcher. So which one should you buy? In this post, we’ll compare the two grills and help you decide which one is right for you.
What is a weber master touch?
-A Weber master touch is a propane grill that has an electronic ignition system, which starts the propane with the turn of a dial. For this feature, its manufacturer touts it as one of their most advanced gas grills available.
Features of a weber master touch:
– The grill is made to be portable, with two wheels attached that allow the Weber Master Touch 22-inch to be easily wheeled around. It also features a small cart on which it can rest when it needs to stay put more permanently.
– Affordability is a key feature of the Weber Master Touch. It is not as expensive as other grills, especially those with electronic ignition systems.
– The design is offered in two colors: green and black. The grill has three knobs on the control panel: one for temperature, one for igniting the burner, and another for adjusting how much propane flow to the burner itself.
– Its sleek, contemporary appearance makes it aesthetically pleasing on any patio or deck. And despite its size, it also looks good inside on any kitchen countertop. Overall, reviewers have consistently remarked on just how attractive this gas grill is!
– Weber supplies a 10-year warranty on the body of the grill, which shows how much faith they have in their product.
– Customer service is available for customers who are not satisfied with their purchase during the first 30 days after purchasing it. After that time, Weber’s customer service becomes very limited, making it impossible to get replacement parts if anything goes wrong with your igniter or burner system. Instead of being able to call them directly for help or troubleshooting, customers are left only with the option of sending an email to their website. Upon receiving the email ticket, though, Weber responds quickly and tries to fix any problems as soon as possible (within 24 hours).
– The grill is made from stainless steel, which makes it durable so it will last for years. Reviewers have commented that the stainless steel does not seem as high quality as other grills they’ve owned in the past, so the overall price might be higher than customers are expecting because of this material choice.
Ease of use:
– The Weber Master Touch comes with an electronic ignition system that allows you to just turn a dial to start your grill. This electronic ignition is also attached to two propane tank regulators that allow you to adjust how much fuel flows into the burner at one time. It also has push-button controls that make igniting your propane gas tank extremely easy, whether it’s the first time or after your grill has been sitting unused for a few months.
– The Weber Master Touch is an all-around great gas grill and comes with everything you need to get started grilling right away: it includes a grill cover, two electronic ignition systems, one propane regulator attached to each of the two burners under your grate, and a 20-pound propane tank.
It also comes with a booklet that provides step-by-step instructions on how to use your new gas grill as well as recipes that can be cooked in it. The only thing not included in the package when you buy this weber master touch is charcoal and lighter fluid! For such an affordable price, this grill is a great value and comes with everything you need to get started on your grilling adventures.
– The Weber Master Touch weighs 52 pounds and is large enough to cook for up to 15 people.
– The electronic ignition system makes it much easier to maintain your grill. You will spend less time cleaning up after meals and more time eating the wonderful food you’ve cooked!
-There are four stainless steel burners on this grill, as well as a porcelain enameled cast iron cooking grate that delivers even heat distribution across your whole grilling surface.
Total cooking area:
– This gas grill has a total grilling surface of 3636 square inches, which is plenty of space for cooking your favorite foods.
– One of the most notable features included on this grill is its ability to convert into a smoker. Included with purchase, you receive a special set of cast iron cooking grates that can hold up to 20 pounds of charcoal – which will burn for over 5 hours! It also comes with metal smoking chips and a flavorizer bar that captures all those delicious smoky flavors and distributes it evenly across your food.
– The Weber Master Touch 22-inch gas grill can be used with propane tanks, though it is originally designed to use a standard 20-pound propane tank. It has two separate regulators attached to each of the four individual burners under your grilling grate. This allows for maximum control over how much gas flows through the valves and into the burners, so you have full power over how fast or slow they get lit. The electronic ignition systems make lighting these burners quick and easy by just turning a dial from “LITE” to “CONTINUOUS.”
– Each of the four stainless steel burners on this grill outputs 26,500 BTUs. This can be adjusted using the two separate regulators mentioned earlier. The electronic ignition system allows you to control the amount of gas that flows to each burner, allowing for precise heating across your entire grilling surface.
– This grill uses a total of 60,000 BTUs worth of power.
– The Weber Master Touch gas grill uses approximately 3,000 BTUs per hour when operating at maximum power. This is standard for most grills in its class and allows you to cook quickly without too significantly increasing your electricity bill.
– This grill has a total of six different temperature settings. From its highest setting at 500 degrees F to its lowest setting which reaches as low as 200 degrees, is the best way to cook any and all foods you want perfectly with little effort!
– One of the best features of this grill is its use of electronic ignition systems. Instead of having to manually light your burners by using a match or lighter every time you want to start it, simply turn its power switch to “LITE” and press down on the igniter button until you hear the gas flow through the valve. It will now be lit! This makes for quick and easy lighting so starting your grill never requires more than two minutes.
What is a weber premium touch?
-The weber touch premium is an electronic ignition system for propane (LP) and butane (LPG) gas grills. The unique benefits of this solution are simplicity, ease-of-use, speed of ignition, accuracy of burner control and more consistent heating.
Features of a weber premium touch:
– The weber touch premium comes in 2 different sizes:
– Small for 30 and 40 cm (12 and 16 inches) grills. Weighs 0.8 lbs (400g).
– Large for 45 and 52 cm (18 and 21 inches) grills. Weighs 1.3 lbs (600g). The weber 45cm gas barbecue is the only grill that the touch system cannot be installed on, since it has a round fire bowl instead of oval.
– About $30 US dollars on Amazon for the small model, about $38 for the large version. (No tax at time of writing) Compared to $80 – $100 for other brands propane ignition systems such as Q 2 0, Q 3000 etc.
– The weber touch premium has a simple, sleek design. It uses a single 9-volt battery which lasts about a year in average conditions and a projected life of 5 years.
– Simple clean design: both controllers look very similar but small version does not have display or buttons. The small is perfectly designed for 30cm grills, the large version looks good on most larger grills.
– 2-year limited warranty.
– The manufacturer Weber is well known for its customer care service and offers an excellent support network in case of any problems with the product or installation issues.
– The weber premium touch ignition system is made from plastic and stainless-steel components. It has a projected life of 5 years and uses a single 9V battery to operate which lasts about 1 year depending on usage and ambient conditions (temperature, humidity etc.).
Ease of use:
-Works just like other weber products such as Q 300 series barbecues which are very easy to use. Once the basic installation is done, you simply turn on the propane tank and ignite it with a single push of a button (no need for lighter fluid).
– Comes with an extra battery, case, screws etc.
– About 1.3 lbs (600g) for the large version.
– The system doesn’t have much in the way of maintenance. Just make sure to replace the battery every 5 years and keep a spare in case you need it.
– The weber premium touch ignition system works with both the standard, round burners that are found in most grills and the new Q 100 series.
Total cooking area:
– The weber premium touch makes it easy to control the temperature of your grill because you can precisely increase or decrease the heat output by turning a knob. It is perfect for getting that hot sear on steaks and chops.
– You can control the heat output of your coal or wood using this system. It works with all Weber charcoal grills and most other brands as well but will not work with small hibachi grills (since they don’t use propane).
– This system is designed for propane and butane gas grills. It won’t work on charcoal or wood fueled grills.
– This is a low voltage DC system, so it doesn’t have a lot of power going through its wires or connectors. It has been designed to be durable and reliable in the long run.
– 9V battery, about 1-year average life depending on usage.
– No power required, runs off 9V battery.
– Can achieve very high temperatures of 800 F+ (about 430 C).
– The weber premium touch is a simple, affordable and reliable ignition system. This system comes with all the basic features that an ignition system should have such as adjustable heat control for each burner. It can also be used with all existing grills from Weber or other manufacturers without any problem.
The similarities of weber master touch and premium:
– Both systems use the same technology to turn on and off, both require a 9V battery
– The only difference is that the premium has an advanced touch LCD screen with advanced menu options which can be used to control other weber products such as iGrill 2. It also comes with an extra button for activating additional features.
The differences between weber master touch and premium:
– The master touch has a simple push button which is not illuminated while the premium version has an LCD touch screen with menu options (can be used to connect to other weber products such as iGrill 2).
– The master model does not come with an extra button for more advanced features or additional accessories.
– The master model does not have any warranty while the premium version comes with 2 years of limited warranty.
– Weber premium touch is the better option if you are looking to buy a weber ignition system. It comes with an LCD touch screen allowing you to control your grill using just the push of a button, while also providing warranty and being durable over time. The large version can be easily installed on most grills larger than 30cm, while the small version works well for smaller grills.
What is the primary difference between a weber master touch and premium?
– The premium version has a touch LCD screen which can be used in combination with other weber products such as iGrill 2 to provide temperature readings.
Which it is right for me?
– If your grill or barbecue has a propane tank with an attached regulator, then the premium version will work for you. If not, then go for the classic weber master touch model (it is more affordable).
Pros and Cons of a weber master touch and premium
Weber master touch pros:
– It is affordable, has a lot of positive reviews on most retailers
Weber master touch cons:
– There are complaints about its durability, some users have had theirs break after just a few months. The LCD isn’t very sensitive which means you need to push it hard for it to register which can be annoying when all you want to do is turn the grill on or off.
Weber premium pros:
– Durable according to most customers who have used it for years without any issue with temperature fluctuations. The better option if you are looking for an ignition system that can be controlled using your smartphone with the iGrill app since it works with Bluetooth technology.
Weber Premium cons:
– There are complaints by some customers on the quality of the touch screen. It is more sensitive than what you will find with other brands such as weber master touch or tru-infrared which means it can get damaged faster.
The Weber Master Touch is a great smoker that will allow you to produce delicious smoked food. However, if you are looking for even more features and options, the Premium may be a better option for you. Both smokers have their pros and cons, so it is important to consider what you need before making a purchase. Ultimately, the Weber Master Touch is a great smoker that will provide you with many years of smoking enjoyment.